Most business owners are content to let professionals handle their SEO. They don’t want to get involved in the process because SEO is a complex and baffling field of marketing. As long as there are no visible problems, business owners don’t bother looking at the kind of SEO work their hired professional is doing. Unfortunately, this hand-off method of dealing with SEO can be risky.
Even if you’ve chosen your Florida SEO company carefully, you need to keep an eye on the changes caused by SEO. At Savage Global Marketing, we ask you to consider the following points. It will help you keep track of SEO and the changes it causes. If you’re fortunate, most of those changes will be positive. If you choose wrong, the SEO work would cause more harm than good.
1 – Reports
Yes, SEO is a slow process, but the marketers should still provide you with thorough reports on a monthly basis. At first, these reports won’t show any rise in rankings or changes in website traffic. That takes times. However, the experts from Florida SEO company can show what strategies they’ve implemented and how they could potentially improve your rankings. That way, you can keep track of what the expert is doing with the money you’ve invested. You need to be sure that it’s being put to good use.
2 – Deliverables
Even in the first few months of your relationship with the Florida SEO company you can ask for some deliverables. These include:
- SEO Audit – It’s very important to get a website audit done before the SEO strategy is implemented. An audit will show where you stand and identify the problem areas. It would help you track any improvements to your website easily. The SEO company that you hire should provide a complete SEO audit at the very beginning. In fact, this is often the first step that most competent SEO companies take.
- Link Profile – If you already have backlinks, the SEO company would analyze the link profile and ensure that they’re good quality, unbroken links.
- Content – Content is actually the first thing that most SEO companies will change. They will improve the existing content on your website almost immediately after they take on the job. They will also start supplying fresh content for your website and your blogs.
3 – Your Assistance
An SEO company is working on your behalf. For that, they need administrator level access to your website, to Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, your social media accounts, etc. This is the first thing that an SEO expert will ask for. If they don’t, they’re probably not a Florida SEO company that uses legal strategies. After all, if they don’t have access to all of these tools, they can’t do anything but provide you with backlinks. You might want to avoid such SEO companies at all costs.
4 – Explanation of Their Strategies
You can go about SEO in two ways, the right way and the wrong way. The right way is called white hat SEO. It’s difficult, complicated, and often times frustrating. It’s also very rewarding and won’t compromise your reputation. Black hat SEO isn’t legal and could potentially cause problems and damage your reputation. However, it’s easier, quicker, and would show results faster. You need to avoid any Florida SEO company that uses black hat techniques.
One way to do that is to ask them about their strategies. White hat practices are well known. They’re no trade-secret that your SEO company needs to keep from you. When you ask them, they should be perfectly willing to explain what they’re doing for you. If they don’t, there’s a problem.
5 – Your Rankings Drop
After you hire an SEO company, it’s a good idea to search your keywords and look at your rankings on the SERPs occasionally. You need to check if their strategies are yielding any results. If you find that there’s no change in the ranking of your website, you need to be patient and wait for the results to show. If your ranking improves, you have cause to celebrate; the SEO company you hired is working well. However, if your rankings drop, you have cause to be concerned.
As you know, it takes a lot for the rankings to be effected. This actually goes both ways. There are several reasons why your rankings would drop. Sometimes, it’s just a temporary drop because of changes in the search algorithm. However, if you notice that your ranking is declining steadily over time, you need to question your Florida SEO company about it.
5 – Website Traffic
You should keep an eye on the website traffic. If there’s any abnormal behavior in the traffic, you need to discuss it with your SEO expert immediately. The abnormal behavior can be a number of things. Consider the following:
- The website traffic drops sharply and abruptly. This can be a sign of an algorithmic penalty or changes in the search algorithm. It can also be due to mistakes by your SEO experts.
- There’s a rise in non-converting traffic. This is a sign that the keywords and the SEO efforts are targeting the wrong audience. If you find that there’s a significant increase in research traffic, you need to start looking into ways to convert this traffic.
- There’s a drop in converting traffic. If you see that there’s a significant drop in converting or revenue-generating traffic, you need to discuss it with your SEO experts. This can be a sign that there’s something wrong with the user experience on your website.
If you keep these things in mind, you’ll be able to keep track of your SEO and ensure it delivers results. If you have any questions at all about SEO or our other services, you can contact us at Savage Global Marketing. You can get in touch with us by filling in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also give us a call on 954 383 7092.